Tuesday, May 7, 2013

And out of the blue

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 I received the diagnosis my 7 year old has Tourette. A bucket of cold water but some how it brought peace. Now, I know what we are dealing with. After a couple of hours online and a few calls I got the 101 on T.S. now three question rise.

-How long before things get bad? As of now his tics are:, blinking, robotic fingers and coughing. So, I am wondering if there is any way of leaving it there, like stopping its progression.

- I am comforted by the idea he will outgrow it in his late teens. Now I'm just wondering when that will be and if he will. I know, I must take it a day at a time.

-I would like to know the difference between my son and the T.S. When is it him, when is it the T.S? I am aware the line will be foggy at times. I just need some sort of distinction.




No comments:

Post a Comment